Saturday, October 15, 2011

Why Buy Toys?!

If you are a parent, or around kids you know this saying to be true: "They always have more fun with the box then the actual toy". Ha! So, today Natalie showed me how to have VERY cheap (to her) fun! Lol. 

So, tonight for dinner I made Stuffed Green Bell Peppers, Potato Soup and Italian Bread... LOTS of carbs I know! I didn't think we were gonna do the soup, but when I came home from the store, Ryan wanted both still! So we did! The bell peppers are soooo good! 
Awhile ago I made up this recipe (I am SURE someone else has done it also!) I cut off the top of the peppers and scoop out the insides and put a little olive oil on them and pop them in the oven on about 300 degrees. While that's cooking I cook a cup of rice to about 3 cups of chicken broth(I like my rice soft) and grill up and season some chicken. When the rice is done, I put about 3/4 of a cube of cream cheese, bacon bits and your cooked chicken(juice and all) in with it and stir it all up. Take out your peppers and put the mixed rice in it. Sprinkle with Feta cheese(tonight we put bread crumbs on it too-ha! More carbs!) and put it back in the oven until the Feta starts to turn brown. Finito! Sooo yummy!

The potato soup- Bear Creek- Sooo good!

 My stuffed pepper 

And Ryan's stuffed pepper (Oh ya, we added a little crushed up whole peeled tomatoes to his-which is good too!)


To make dinner it took me about an hour or so. The WHOLE time I was cooking, Natalie was in the living room playing with 2 grocery bags and our dehumidifier.... Yes, the whole hour! Laughing and having the time of her life!






(Bad camera- Sorry!)

Haha! 
That dehumidifier has been a "trailer saver" though! We empty out about 10 cups of water everyday!! Not even exaggerating! 

Hope you enjoyed the cheap humor and get to try out the peppers! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment